Monday, July 22, 2013

Never ending love affair with lace...

... I think I has one...
After the complete lack of effort that went into almost all of last weeks ensemble (hence, why you didn't see them here, but can take a look on Tumblr, if you are so inclined) I was really committed to starting this week with a bang. And I think I succeeded here. Picked up this lace top over my vacation for $9 at Walmart. Didn't even try it on, just made sure that when I held it against me that the side seams, when held to my midpoint on each side, didn't pull too much. I don't want to say that ALWAYS works, but most times, yes. I knew this lace shirt would be a great layering piece, and I love the off-white aged vintage color. Even though my initial thought was "this would look great under a blazer" I wanted to wear it sooner than the weather would be condicive to that combination, so I just threw it on over a nude cami and black pencil skirt. It really needed the belt, so with the addition of that, I threw on classic pumps, and was out the door. I considered (and probably could have worn) a pearl necklace, but the pearl earrings I chose were pretty dramatic, and I didn't want to do too much up in the ear/neck area. So, I opted for stacked pearl bracelets, and off we go.
The fitted pencil skirt and thin belt really give me an hourglassy look, which I really dig.



On me: Cami Forever21+; Top Walmart; Skirt Target; Belt Reitmans; Shoes Franco Sarto via DSW; Earrings/bracelet unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover