Wednesday, June 19, 2013

For the love of sleeves...

Sometimes, you want to be comfortable, casual, but still have a little zazz to your look. Without the billowing, glorious pintucked sleeves with the gathered cuff, this blouse could be a little blah. Certainly not something that I would feel great about throwing on on one of those mornings where, say, you woke up late, your kid woke up early, you needed to get the h-e-double-hockeysticks out the door because traffic gets exponentially worse with every minute that passes...
I still have reservations about this look, because the blouse isn't quite long enough to be considered a tunic, but I am wearing it as one. It also has the straight hem, which, to my mind, means it should really be tucked in (and I have plans to, one day into a skirt or something). 

But those sleeves... I guess I have a romantic heart under my pragmatic exterior. *sigh* 


On me: Blouse Winners; Jeans Torrid; Wedges Payless (eons ago)


2 comments:

  1. love the look. I'm kicking myself for not trying on jeans @ torrid the last time I was in the US. I buy stuff from them online, and it would be great to have gotten a good handle on their jean sizing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    I've found that their sizing varies between cuts, if that makes you feel any better! In those I had to take an 18, whereas in their other jean styles I'm a happy 16.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover