Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Cherry Velvet Plus Shoot Results!

     As you may be aware, I did a shoot for Cherry Velvet Plus a few weeks ago. I blogged about the actual  photo shoot here. The results of the shoot are now up on the Cherry Velvet Plus site and are ready for me to share!

     All photos were done by Shimona Henry of Pinup Perfection. Have a peek and let me know what you think!

     For it being my first major shoot, I am pretty thrilled with the results. However, I do need to find my angles and work on posing just a bit more. That means I need to crack the whip and do more OOTD's!

Here they are!


If you are curious about the dresses, here they are from left to right:






      I admit, I snuck in one of the Diane Kennedy shots. Oh the joys of shooting in flats! I think Diane is Canada's answer to Eileen Fisher! I love her clothes. If you are looking for some good quality leggings, look no further than Diane. They don't become sheer when you wear them! That comes from good design and good fabric. 

      I digress! I hope you liked my shots! I am so thrilled that a company would put an actual plus sized woman in their clothes and on their site. How cool is that? If you like what you see, let them know. If we want to see models in our sizes, spread the word and let other businesses know that is what you want. I am not simply saying this because I would like to do it again, I am saying this because I think it is time to show what the clothes will look like on a truly plus body. It breaks my heart when I hear that plus models start at a size 8. What a strange message that sends. 



     Take Neiman Marcus for example. The above is a cut and paste from their plus size section. I kid you not. The models they use for the plus section are easily sizes 2 to 4. How in the heck am I going to know what that dress, pair of jeans or sweater is going to look like on me? I am curious why they are going about it that way. Is it a cost saving measure of shooting with a roster of models they already have? Are they afraid that plus bodies do not sell merchandise? There is nothing wrong with the bodies of our more slender friends, but we need to have full figures modelling plus sized clothes!

      I hope that things change, and perhaps they are. Models like Tess Munster and Rosie Mercado are seen regularly in ads online. Perhaps I will be in some more, too! 

Have a great day!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover