Thursday, March 14, 2013

Black Suiting, revisited (Pin to Post)

Inspiration (Left)                 Interpretation (right) 
Well. Not every one is a winner. For the only second of these Pin to Post posts, I am not terribly satisfied with the look. I have to say though, I kind of knew I wasn't going to dig it that much, but when I put it together, I had high hopes. I thought maybe I would prove myself wrong.


Ya.

Not so much.

I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised to find all the pieces in my closet, they are pretty basic staples. Its the necklace that elevates it (as mentioned by the original poster).



 I am stoked to FINALLY have another Pin to Post outfit to post on the blog, and I am pleased to have finally had a chance to wear my bubble necklace. Although, I really think that this particular style of statement necklace might have burned through its 15 minutes. People were griping about how over-exposed it was in the inspiration post (here), and that was posted last August! Meh. I still have another outfit in mind that will make use of this necklace.

I'm going to cut myself a little slack, because, lets be honest, the wearer of the original outfit is very slender. However, I do feel like I look puhrettty thick in this blazer. I don't know if I will wear it again.

Matter of fact, I might burn it in a dramatic pyre later on today (picture me, dancing and laughing maniacally around a big bonfire)...


Bubble necklace; platform patent heels; flat-iron curls




Blazer: Ricki's
Tank: Old Navy
Pants: Torrid
Shoes: Suzy Shier
Necklace: eBay

   

1 comment:

  1. I actually really like the look. I know nothing about fashion or what's in or out, but I love the necklace as well, it definitely makes the look!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover