Thursday, December 13, 2012

From Pin to Post (Black blazer, light dress, black tights)

Inspiration (Left)   Interpretation (Right)
We all get a lot of inspiration from Pinterest, yes?
I figured that I might do a recurring OOTD feature in which I take a pin that I like, and try to recreate the look with pieces from my closet.
I was trying to decide how would be the best way to go about it... take a pin of a curvy girl in a great outfit  and recreate, or take a shot of a "straight" sized model and recreate that.

And here we enter into the deep dark woods of "comparison."

On one hand, no curvy girl wants to be put side-by-side with some skinny bitch (a term I use with the utmost endearment... some of my dearest friends are skinny bitches)  and be measured against her. But, on the other hand, I am hoping to show that we can gain inspiration from said skinny bitches, and still work it in our curvy way. So, here goes...

Also, I should confess that I am still working on not hating photographs of myself. I think about never putting up OOTDs. but if no curvy woman ever had the balls to post a pic of herself, we'd all still be scurrying around in the shadows.
Dress: Pure byAlfred Sung for Zellers
Blazer: Torrid
Shoes: Fredericks of Hollywood (from last year, similar here at Le Chateau)
Ring: Torrid (similar here)
Earrings: Le Chateau
Necklace: Zellers (cannot for the life of me remember the brand)
Tights: Unknown


I wanted to try this look because I normally shy away from dark tights, no particular reason, I just tend to. But when I saw the pin, I liked how it looked.
If I were to try and recreate this look again, I might try shortening the skirt a bit. I also might lose the belt, but I though I might need the definition in the waist.

What do you think? Decent recreation of the pinterest pin?
If you have any pinterest inspiration shots,  I would love to see them! Tweet them to us!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover